Saturday, June 8, 2013

We look for answers that we can touch such as a message that will tell us how to change a person , usually a spouse!  
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  Ezekiel 36:26
Sometimes we pray for years for people with hearts on the hard side. My sister prayed for me for years and it payed off after many years when she was with me when I gave my life to Christ.  I wonder if she prayed for brokenness as I was suicidal after a car accident/head injury and a horrible relationship. We pray for people who still love their sin, for those who have turned from their faith in God and pray that God will give them a new heart and a new spirit and that their heart will be softened so as to let GOD mold it.
All is possible with GOD.  For marriages "Please, Dear Lord,let my relationship with you lead me to start a new relationship with my spouse.  Guide us in making our hearts pliable to your ways"

Psalm 139:23-24

New International Version (NIV)  Bible Gateway
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21


17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment