Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I don't know what to do

Today I was talking to someone who was very depressed and stuck in a line of thinking that was not serving her....I decided to use a change tip I remembered from Bill O'Hanlon.
It went something like this-make a list of everything you have not done to get over this guy, make a list of everything you can think about other than this guy, make a list of what you life will be like after the problem...

She was surprised after resisting but doing it that there were about 9 items on her lists. She said she felt more hope. She set about doing a few and when I saw her later, she was smiling and not crying.
Frustrated or discouraged about something?  Make list of things you could do to solve or resolve or change the situation no matter how weird. If you get stuck, ask someone to help you come up with ideas.  It is hard to solve a problem when stuck in the problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment