Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Re: reading Jack Kornfield and the Bible

I love his book The Wise Heart:  p. 244 "We are all subject to aging and illness, to losses that nothing will change.  Loneliness, betrayal, insecurity have no outer cure."  He goes on to quote the buddha: "It seems that although we thought ourselves permanent, we are not.  Although we thought ourselves settled, we are not.  Although we thought we would last forever, we will not."  Jack concludes that "facing our pain honorably is  the only way we can grow...feel the pain of grasping and then relax to set the burden down."

The Bible also says that there is a positive side to suffering and that God will help us!... in Ps 119:71:  "It is good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees."  1Cor 10:13 is the first verse I ever memorized....

1 comment:

  1. Yes i have grown with pain . I have lost so far three important things in my life , one was a Dog and the other two where people in my life . My Mother who i still to this day MISS Her all the time, but she is in me and around me i know i well never see her again on this Earth but i still love Her dearly and can deal with the pain and learn from it .The Last person i lost is still alive and some times i talk to her now and then , and losing her was givening up my very own life , but i learned so much at this time in my life . I learned that i can carry on and do what i have to do for me to be happy with in myself , may be i will never trust another pereson with my emotion again, but i got the chance in my life to love two great women both from my heart ,but both differant . Both these women in my life played to differant stages but both gave me so much . Nothing last for ever , but we must carry on our life to full feel our happiness , of our own before we can help any one to go in the right direction. Feeling sorry for people is really feeling sorry for your self. I no longer feel sorry for people as people make there life they way they want it , and many times they are not very happy with there life and do not even have the strength to change there life even for there own happiness . This is what i have learned about my self from these beautiful ladies .That i can change and i will make mistakes but i can make sure they do not happen again , and by this builds a good and true Man, this is my life tru and good to me and so it shines on the ones that are close to me . CHANGE IS GOOD , BUT WE HAVE TO WANT IT FOR OUR SELF AND FOR OUR OWN HAPPINESS .

    ReplyDelete